Saturday 17 November 2007

Just a few things I have been making - this is from a vintage pattern that my mum gave me.

This is just me having a play with my yo yo maker. It is a jacket for a 3 year old. Lined with pink gingham and some of the chocolate lollipop range.

I did a blanket stitch around the edges with a perle 8 and then embroidered the stems and leaves with the same colour.

I covered some buttons, but I haven't got around to sewing them on yet.



I have been making these little containers for my sewing table. They are just fabulous. You can get the pattern over at Ric Rac's Blog. I changed mine slightly, by making it larger. Very quick and easy. I will be making some more of these for my sewing table. Then I can use all my favourite fabric scraps.



Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

10 comments:

Jade said...

Everything's so pretty! My fave would have to be that jacket....how cute! Thanks for the link to the fabric buckets. What a fab idea!

Louise said...

You are being so productive you put me to shame! I am making that exact same apron for a girlfriend to give to a little girl for Christmas only I don't have a pattern. How did you put on the binding so neatly, mine always puckers. Is there a secret??

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Love your work! There's a yo-yo maker? Would love to know where you got it!

Thimbleanna said...

AAAccckkkk! That apron fabric is ADORABLE!!! I love it! And the little jacket is too -- very clever! I'm dying to try my yoyo maker -- just haven't gotten around to it yet!

Cathy said...

Reply to the questions.

I use a bias binding foot for my machine (Janome) - fantastic - so neat - just takes a little practice.

Yo yo makes you can buy from most sewing stores - they are made by Clover Japan.

Donna said...

Lovely stuff - Jodies' buckets are greate aren't they? I love the fabric you used for yours. Babushka's never go out of fashion.

fi said...

wow you have been busy!putting me to shame!love the little jacket and the apron everthing really.have just ordered my very own ruffler foot!!yay

Lily Mulholland said...

All gorgeous as usual Cathy! The apron is way too cute as is the jacket. Lovely :)

do you mind if i knit said...

Oh lovely! I'm a knitter, rather than a sewer, but it's still nice to have visual inspiration from any field.

Jen said...

I love the little apron, the fabrics are so gorgeous together! and got to get me a yo-yo maker...
:)!