Saturday 10 May 2008

Miracles Do Happen!




Boys rule in my family and in my husband's family!!

There is one girl on my husband's side and none on mine.

My mum and dad have 8 grandsons!!!! Until this week! The drought has broken folks!!! A girl has been born - the first one since 1968!

My younger brother and his wife had a gorgeous little girl this week making their family complete - 2 boys and now a girl.

That's it for our generation of the family now. I have an inkling that this little girl is going to be thoroughly spoilt. All I can say is - hope she likes pink!

Our family is just buzzing with the excitement of finally having a little pink bundle!. The only sad part about it is that they live in the States. We won't get to meet her until September. But we have the internet and digital photography which makes the miles seem shorter!

Hope everybody had a lovely Mothers' Day. I had beautiful cuddles and beautiful cards and gifts from the Mothers' Day stall at school which are the best! I had one little sick one who was up for most of the night with a high temperature and bad cough. But, hey, isn't that what mums are for!

I love how the boys give me their gifts - price labels and all!


9 comments:

Corrie said...

ohhhhh how special! that sounds like one of my friends...on his side of the family they haven't had a girl in over 100 years until yesterday morning...its so special and now just think you can make lots of pretty things!

glad you had a nice mothers day...I'm looking forward to having a little boy in my brood

Corrie:)

Kellie said...

Congratulations! She is lovely! Cathy you could always have another??? :) My mother leaves price tags on so it's not only sweet little boys who do this! Can't wait to see all the pink things!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Glad to hear your Mothers Day was a special one! How exciting to have a little niece to spoil. She looks so gorgeous and no doubt will love all the special attention from being the first girl in this generation!

Louise said...

Isn't she a little sweetie! I look forward to advising on all things pink!! And that my friend is one gorgeous photo of you and your boy - just lovely! Happy Mother's Day.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! Isn't that exciting! And what a wonderful gift just in time for Mother's Day. Congratulations to your family. And hope your little one is feeling better today.

Stacey said...

She's going to be one spoiled girl!

Boys and their gifts are sweet, aren't they?

My youngest told me he really wanted to buy me some washing up gloves because he knows I really like washing the dishes.

Er, yes.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story and a lovely surprise. We are the opposite in our family. My Dad has 7 grandkids, 5 girls & only 2 boys and 3 daughters.
Hope you keep close with the internet and all those digital photos.
Get them to start a blog?

Anonymous said...

Hey congratulations Auntie Cathy. A little girl at last. She looks absolutely scrumptious. What is her name and how much did she weigh? I hope that Pam is well and I bet that your family is over the moon.
Will write again soon. Love Judi X

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your niece, she is gorgeous
Lisa x