Wednesday 11 April 2007

Things I Make


As well as being a mum to my three boys and all that that entails, I make things for a few shops. One of them is Miko in Eltham and in Surrey Hills, Victoria. This is a beautiful childrens' shop with an unbelievable range of childrens' toys and accessories like bedding and furniture. I supply them with personalised hand embroidered cushions, like the ones above and the boys' ones below. I have been doing this for a couple of years now and really enjoy it. I am in the process of designing a new embroidery for their shop.



I also make alot of childrens' bags, like the ones above. The personalised ballet bag and the petite purse.

I love making bibs. I don't know why - I haven't got any babies any more but I just have a 'thing' for gorgeous bibs. Here are a couple of ones for a boy. I love using 1930's fabrics.

These are the embroidered boys' cushions I make for Miko. You can see more of the things I make here.

Link

7 comments:

Cosy said...

What lovely creations! I particularly love the rick-rack - I think it's a beautiful touch.

zeliaevora said...

Oh my... You make such lovely stuff... uau!

Thanks for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anastasia said...

love your embroidered pillows!!

SadieandLance said...

Your cushions are gorgeous and what a loevly idea. I've just popped by after seeing your comments on Applehead. All your creations are beautiful. And hey I'm in Melbourne too!

Jade said...

Your pillows and bibs are gorgeous...I'm into the ricrac and stripey binding at the moment.

ting2b said...

love it Cathy!! they look gorgeous on line too!