Saturday 15 December 2007

7

My baby boy turned 7 - he has been waiting a whole year for this day - I think now he knows how long a year can be (I wish it went that slow for me).

No party this year - the last two have been major ones - mainly for my benefit - I just wanted and needed to do a really OTT (over the top) party and get it out of my system. His 5 year old party was 'retro cowboy' themed - I spent so much time and money on that party - but I know it was worth it - people are still telling me how much fun they had - Lachie loved that one too and remembers it vividly, and the games and things they did.

Here is a pic that I have posted previously.



Then the 6 year old party was 'Disney Cars' theme - another OTT party but again worth it - they had so much fun - but after that one I said that I would hang my 'party organiser' hat up.


So this year we are just having a quiet family dinner - he wants a steak for dinner and an icecream cake for dessert - easy peasy - no worries. So that happens this afternoon - so I really must get off my butt and get moving.

Before I forget - here are some photos of the combi van fabric jammies I made for my cousin's little 2 year old boy. I am really pleased at how they turned out and look even better on.


Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

tess said...

happy birthday to your little one, hope he had a great day, steak and ice cream cake sounds like a pretty good party to me!!!

Tamara said...

Happy Birthday Lachie. Yes that cowboy party was one to remember. Ella and Kate still have there cowboy hats.
(Cathy the photos haven't all shown up on my computer or bloglines, only the cars one worked. Might just be me)

Louise said...

A big Happy Birthday to master 7. I LOVE the jim jams - just adorable!! You are the Queen of the jammies! I hope the Birthday dinner was delicious.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday mister 7!
It looks like you are having a well earned retirement for party organising. The cowboy one looks amazing.

Jade said...

Happy birthday to your little one! Both those parties look real fun, the OTT ones always are. I can see some of those in my future. Hope he enjoyed his steak and ice cream cake.

Kate said...

I hope he had a good birthday. Love the pyjamas - they are wonderful!

Lily Mulholland said...

Happy birthday Lachie - glad you didn't have the big party as well this year! Hope he's all recovered from his bug. Love the PVC organiser you made.

And the PJs!!!! Love all of them!

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Birthday Mr. 7! Are you sure you want to hang up your party hat? You look pretty amazing at that job! The jammies look fantastic! Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creations Miss Marzie! Truly, I am so impressed. Good on you for putting it all "out there" for the rest of us.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.